Early Life and Education
Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the 13th Prime Minister of India. He was born on the eve of Christmas, December 25, 1924 in a Brahmin family in Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh) in India. He was one of the seven children of Krishna Devi and Krishna Bihari Vajpayee. His mother was a Hindu scholar and father was a school teacher.
After completing his school education, he went to Laxmibai College for B.A. and later he joined D.A.V College, Kanpur. Here, he acquired a P.G. degree in Economics. Afterwards, he applied for a L.L.B. in Lucknow but left his education, in order to join as a editor of a magazine named Rashtradharam, published by the RSS.
He is a multi-talented political personality, who served as a member of the Indian parliament for around 50 years. He was the only second to Jawaharlal Nehru, holding the Prime Minister Office for three times. Out of all seventeen PMs of Independent India he is one of the most respectable and admirable person and best orator when it comes to public speakings. Vajpayee is very good writer and poet. He has participated in a number of social activities and also has served as a member of various reputed councils and organizations. He is one of the greatest orators country ever produced.
Vajpayee has maintained a clean image among the public during his service years. He always considered himself as a national leader, highly knowledgeable on democracy, religion and liberal thinking, going beyond the party politics. He is one of the most intellectually sound politicians as well as eminent poet and journalist. He is unmarried but he adopted the two girl as his daughters namely, Namita and Nandita
Atal Bihari Vajpayee – a Poet
GEET NAYA GAATA HOON –
HINDU TAN MAN HINDU JEEVAN –
GAGAN MEIN LEHRATA HAI –
DEKHO HUM BADHTE HI JAATE –
Professional and Political Life
Before 1998, Atal Bihari Vajpayee had also sworn in as the India’s 10th Prime Minister on Many 16, 1996, but he had to resign after 13 days because of failure of BJP in proving majority on the floor of the house. After this, Atal Bihari Vajpayee served Prime Minister of India, in three non-consecutive terms, first for 13 days in 1996, then for 13 months from 1998 to 1999 and at last 1999 to 2004 for a full five year period.
His political journey started as a freedom fighter. In 1942, he participated in Quit India Movement and got arrested along with other leaders. At that time he met Shyam Prashad Mukherjee, leader of Bharatiya Jan Sangh (BJS). His Political career is given below:
1954 Elected as a member of parliament (MP) in Balrampur. 1957 Elected to Lok Sabha for the first time. 1977 Served as an External Affairs Minister of India. 1980 Elected as President of the Bharatiya Janata Party. 1996 Elected as the PM of India for the first time. 1998 Again elected as PM of India with support of NDA. 1999 On 13th Oct tool oath as PM of India for third time. 2005 Successfully completed his 5 years in the PM's office. In December, announced retirement from political life.
Atal Vihari Vajpayee Arguments in Parliament
Achievements as Prime Minister of India
- – In 1979, he visited China to maintain and discuss relations with that country.
- – During this period, he also visited Pakistan to initiate trade relations but it was not fruitful due to Indo-Pakistani War in 1971.
- – In 1980, initiated the foundation of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with his colleagues like Lal Krishna Advani and Bhairon Singh Shekhawat from the BJS and RSS.
- – In 1992, he received Padma Vibhushan for his immense contribution to the Country.
- – In 1993, he received the Honorary Doctorate of Philosophy from the Kanpur University.
- – It was in May 1998, when Vajpayee conducted five underground nuclear tests in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
- – In 1999, inaugurated a bus service from Delhi to Lahore in Pakistan.
- – Honored with the Lokmanya Tilak Award and the Bharat Ratna Pandit Govind Vallabh Pant Award
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s poem about Pakistan
Poems Written by Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji –
Full Life History With Pictures –
Latest Photograph of Atal Bihari Vajpayee (June 2013)
Share with your Friends
Some Unknown facts About Atal Ji
- 1. Vajpayee became the only non-Congress leader ever to have served a full term as Prime Minister of India. He became the 10th Prime Minister of India in 1998. He had been elected to the Lok Sabha nine times and twice to the Rajya Sabha.
- 2. Vajpayee became the first External Affairs Minister and the first Prime Minister of India to have delivered a speech in Hindi at the United Nations.
- 3. He was part of the freedom struggle. He was arrested and put in jail in 1942 when he was 18 years old.
- 4. Vajpayee pursued his law degree from DAV College, Kanpur along with his father. They also stayed in the same place while taking the law course.
- 5. Former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru predicted that Atal Bihari Vajpayee would one day become the Prime Minister of India.
- 6. Vajpayee has undergone 10 surgeries in last 20 years. Nowadays he can’t speak properly because of paralysis.
You May Also Like:
|IAS level Mind Shaking Questions and Answers | Can You Solve Them ?||Life of Napoleon Bonaparte | Quotes by Napoleon | Download Life Facts in PDF||Amazon enters India with Amazon.in | History and Facts | E-commerce battle on rise|